Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tagged Under:

Kitchen Pantry - Interior Design

By: Unknown On: 10:08 PM
  • Share


  • Kitchen pantry is an essential part of a kitchen in which you can store canned food items and other bulk product items. It can also add value to your kitchen and bring a fine visual excellence to it. Use of kitchen pantry makes your kitchen organized. The items placed in the kitchen pantry are easy accessible to you otherwise you have to spend a lot of time in searching items.


    Kitchens may have a built in pantry or you can build of your own. If you want to make the pantry in your kitchen, then first you have to take the dimensions of the area available. Well stocked kitchen pantry keeps the kitchen traffic low and you can cook your food without any interruption. Kitchen pantry saves your money as well as time. It is good to store the food items at cooler temperature.




    Our biggest problem with the old wannabe pantry was that our spice collection was taking up enough space to park a Volvo, and I wasn’t about to devote valuable pull-out drawer real estate to all those bottles. So I insisted on a nifty and narrow vertical pull-out rack that nestles between the pantry and the counter—something I had seen in those addictive shelter magazines.

    What a ginormous waste of space and money. It’s hard to see the bottle labels, larger and/or odd-size containers simply won’t fit, and hell, no, I was not about to get on my hands and knees for 1/4 teaspoon of za’atar from the bottom shelf. Fatty Daddy don’t do dat, child. I fixed this pricey hiccup by sliding two horizontal spice racks into a drawer. Best thing I ever did. Everything is easy to see and get to, and I can tell at a glance when I’m running low. But since this couldn’t accommodate all my spices, I use the pull-out rack to store all the items I rarely use.